The academic disciplines require differing formatting standards for writing. However, a common criteria is the requirement for writers to identify the sources of the information they present to support their arguments. English uses MLA, Science uses APA, and History uses Chicago (Turabian). It is important that students be able to format their papers in whichever format is required for the course they are taking. This page is intended to provide students with resources towards that goal.
Official Chicago Style Templates 17th Edition
Style Tip Sheets This link contains detailed pdf examples for each section of your paper. Compare your paper to these examples to ensure proper format. They are the definitive standard and not a rumor of what someone told you I said.
Video How Tos
- Caption an image in Google Docs
- Adding footnotes in google docs
- Setting up bibliography and references in Google Docs
Mr. Brennan's Google Docs Style Templates
- Chapter Outline Template Use this for chapter notes.
- Sonoma County Library (Library Card Required)